Located in the suburb of Acton, the main campus encompasses seven teaching and research colleges, in addition to several national institutes.
Founded in 1946, it is the only university to have been created by the Parliament of Australia. Originally a postgraduate research university, ANU commenced undergraduate teaching in 1960 when it integrated the Canberra University College, which had been established in 1929 as a Canberra campus of the University of Melbourne.
ANU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs by the University’s seven colleges: ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences, ANU College of Asia and the Pacific, ANU College of Business and Economics, ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science, ANU College of Law, ANU College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, ANU College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
Australian National University (ANU) research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Sticky tape and phosphorus the key to ultrathin solar cells – July 21, 2015
- Experiment confirms quantum theory weirdness and bizarre nature of reality – June 6, 2015
- Breathing new life into malaria detection – April 23, 2015
- Finding new ways to make drugs – November 27, 2014
- Physicists build reversible tractor beam – October 22, 2014
- Water and sunlight the formula for sustainable fuel – August 29, 2014
- Laser makes microscopes way cooler – August 17, 2014
- Physicists create water tractor beam – August 11, 2014
- New material puts a twist in light – July 19, 2014
- Findings point toward one of first therapies for Lou Gehrig’s disease – June 15, 2014
- Australian wins high-profile award for irrigation invention
- Telescope to track space junk using youth radio station
- Tiny laser breakthrough by ANU researchers shines light on faster computers
- Malware bites and how to stop it
- Deserts ‘greening’ from rising CO2
- The world’s big trees are dying
- Is Human Impact Accelerating Out of Control?
- Breakthrough for diabetes treatment
- It’s pulling us in! Researchers make tractor beams a reality
- MIT Top 10 Technologies Likely to Change the World
- Breakthrough discovery could result in fragrant golden harvest
- Life-saving HIV treatment to reach millions more
- Resistance gene found against Ug99 wheat stem rust pathogen
- Quantum computing taps nucleus of single atom
- Bee research breakthrough might lead to artificial vision
- Allergy-Free Eggs
- Salt Tolerance Breakthrough – Cross-bred wheat lifts yields
- Splitting Water for Renewable Energy Simpler Than First Thought?
- Leading Lights