It received its Royal Charter in 1966.
According to 2013 National Student Survey (NSS) the University of Bath was ranked 1st for student satisfaction out of more than 150 UK higher education institutions. In The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014 the University was awarded the title of “Best Campus University in Britain”.
Bath was awarded the title of ‘University of the Year 2011/12’. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise two thirds of Bath’s individual subject submissions are ranked in the top ten nationally, including over a third in the top five.
The university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of MBAs, the European Quality Improvement System, the European University Association, Universities UK and GW4, a grouping which brings together the South West and Wales’ four leading, research-intensive universities (Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter). Until 30 October 2012, it was also a member of the 1994 Group.
University of Bath research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Smaller, Cheaper Microbial Fuel Cells Turn Urine into Electricity – March 17, 2016
- Global taskforce calls for research into everyday chemicals that may cause cancer – June 29, 2015
- New seismic survey technique could save dolphins’ hearing – December 29, 2014
- Big breakthrough on tiny scale for cancer by scientists at the University of Bath
- New generation laser will herald technological breakthrough
- How well can you see with your ears? Device offers new alternative to blind people
- Is the pixel about to die?
- Swimming Robot Makes Waves At Bath
- Sweet and Biodegradable: Sugar and Cornstarch Make Environmentally Safer Plastics
- Nose scanner identity verification developed