Cardiff University (Welsh: Prifysgol Caerdydd) is a public research university located in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom.
The University is composed of three colleges: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Biomedical and Life Sciences; and Physical Sciences and Engineering.
Founded in 1883 as the University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire, it became one of the founding colleges of the University of Wales in 1893, and in 1999 became an independent University awarding its own degrees. It is the second oldest university in Wales. It is a member of the Russell Group of leading British research universities. The university is consistently recognised as providing high quality research-based university education and is ranked 123 of the world’s top universities by the QS World University Rankings, as well as achieving the highest student satisfaction rating in the 2013 National Student Survey for universities in Wales
The University has an undergraduate enrolment of 20,611 and a total enrolment of 27,774, making it one of the largest universities in Wales. The Cardiff University Students’ Union works to promote the interests of the student body within the University and further afield.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Cardiff University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Garden grass could become a source of cheap and clean renewable energy – July 22, 2016
- Vision restored in rabbits following stem cell transplantation – March 13, 2016
- Researchers take giant step towards ‘holy grail’ of silicon photonics – March 8, 2016
- Researchers synthesize a rare critical mineral for first time – February 23, 2016
- Significant reduction in serious crimes after juvenile offenders given emotional awareness training – July 7, 2015
- Asthma could be cured within five years after drug breakthrough – April 23, 2015
- Healthy habits reduce dementia risk
- Power boosting self-cleaning solar panels
- Quest to Find New Uses for Abundant Natural Gas
- Water-resistant coating guards limestone from pollution
- Breakthrough by Welsh scientists could prevent cancer cells becoming resistant to drugs
- Honey Could Be Effective at Treating and Preventing Wound Infections
- Bird-watchers add more than 48 million observations to ‘eBird’ database