The University of California, Irvine (UCI, UC Irvine, or Irvine) is a public research university located in Irvine, California and one of the 10 general campuses in the University of California (UC) system.
UCI’s Orange County campus is the fifth-largest in the UC system, with over 28,000 students, 1,100 faculty members and 9,000 staff.
UC Irvine is considered a Public Ivy and offers 80 undergraduate degrees and 98 graduate and professional degrees.
he university is designated as having very high research activity in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, and in 2009 had $325.49 million in research and development expenditures according to the National Science Foundation. UC Irvine became a member of the Association of American Universities in 1996, and is the youngest university to hold membership.
The university also administers the UC Irvine Medical Center, a large teaching hospital; the UC Irvine Health Sciences system in the City of Orange; the University of California, Irvine, Arboretum; and a portion of the University of California Natural Reserve System.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of California, Irvine research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Chemists find new way to recycle plastic waste into fuel – June 25, 2016
- Battery electrode cycled 200,000 times over three months without detecting any loss of capacity or power – April 21, 2016
- Bad vibrations: UCI researchers find security breach in 3-D printing process – March 6, 2016
- One-step test for hepatitis C virus infection developed by UC Irvine Health researchers – November 15, 2015
- Man walks again after years of paralysis – September 24, 2015
- UCI neurobiologists restore youthful vigor to adult brains – May 21, 2015
- Squid-Inspired ‘Invisibility Stickers’ Could Help Soldiers Evade Detection in the Dark – March 28, 2015
- Chemists find a way to unboil eggs: Ability to quickly restore molecular proteins could slash biotechnology costs – January 31, 2015
- Satellites reveal possible catastrophic flooding months in advance, UCI finds – July 20, 2014
- Mice With MS-Like Condition Walk Again After Human Stem Cell Treatment – May 15, 2014
- Scientists Warn of Rising Oceans From Polar Melt – May 13, 2014
- Chinese herbal compound relieves inflammatory and neuropathic pain | DHCB
- UCI-led study creates new memories by directly changing the brain
- UCI researchers fabricate new camouflage coating from squid protein
- Made-to-Order Materials
- Stanford University Study Finds That Marijuana Could Help With Autism
- Satellites Show Shrinking Aquifers in Drought-Stricken Areas
- ‘Self-cleaning’ pollution-control technology could do more harm than good
- Ultra-light Aerogel Produced at a Zhejiang University Lab
- Could FastStitch Device, Invented by Undergrads, Be the Future of Suture?
- How to Overcome the “Yuck Factor” to Extend Water Supplies
- UCI researchers create mosquitoes incapable of transmitting malaria
- LED device could aid in cancer treatment
- Satellites weigh California water
- P2P Traffic Control: Wireless Technology Could Reduce Congestion, Accidents