The Florida State University (commonly referred to as Florida State or FSU) is a space-grant and sea-grant public research university located in the state capital city of Tallahassee, Florida, United States.
It is a comprehensive doctoral research university with medical programs and very high research activity as determined by the Carnegie Foundation. The university comprises 16 separate colleges and more than 110 centers, facilities, labs and institutes that offer more than 300 programs of study, including professional programs. Florida State is home to Florida’s only National Laboratory – the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory and is the birthplace of the commercially viable anti-cancer drug Taxol. Florida State University also operates The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art, the State Art Museum of Florida and one of the largest museum/university complexes in the nation. Florida State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as a Level VI public institution.
Florida State was established in 1851 and is located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in the state of Florida. In 1905 Florida State earned Florida’s first Rhodes Scholar. In 1935 Florida State University was awarded the first chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in Florida and is among the ten percent of American universities to have earned a chapter of the national academic honor society. In 1977 Florida State University earned the first female Rhodes Scholar in Florida. In 2010 Florida State University was named a “Budget Ivy” university by the Fiske Guide to Getting into the Right College. In 2012 U.S. News & World Report ranked Florida State the most efficient National University in the United States. Florida State University is one of two Florida public universities to immediately qualify as a “preeminent university” by law under Florida Senate Bill 1076, signed by Governor Rick Scott in 2013.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Florida State University (FSU) research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Chemists Pave the Way for an Activated Red Phosphorous Revolution – March 10, 2016
- Researchers Pushing Limits of Efficient Solar Cells – December 3, 2015
- Researchers Create Cheaper, High Performing LED – November 19, 2015
- Study on Element Could Change Ballgame on Radioactive Waste
- The Snowball Effect of Overfishing
- Spider Silk Coated With Carbon Nanotubes Has Amazing Properties
- A new supercapacitor technology destined to play a major role in the world’s future energy usage and storage needs
- Aerospace Engineer’s Supersonic, Futuristic Flying Wing Design Wins Prestigious NASA Grant
- More Than 150,000 Methane Seeps Appear as Arctic Ice Retreats
- Eating Dried Plums Helps Prevent Fractures and Osteoporosis
- Researchers Helping Electric-Wheelchair Users Move More Easily
- No Elder Left Behind: Researchers Say Designers Can Help Close Tech Gap