It is also a $225 million biomedical research and educational organization. The Medical Center contains over 80% of Georgetown University’s sponsored research funding and is led by Howard J. Federoff, MD, PhD, the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Vice President for Health Sciences and Executive Dean of the School of Medicine.
It is co-located with Georgetown University Hospital on the university’s main campus in Washington, DC. GUMC encompasses four sectors of medical education and research: Georgetown University School of Medicine, the School of Nursing and Health Studies, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the Biomedical Graduate Research Organization.
Georgetown University Medical Center research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Breakthrough in Alzheimer’s research, Georgetown seeks volunteers – -June 23, 2014
- BLOOD TEST IDENTIFIES THOSE AT-RISK FOR COGNITIVE DECLINE, ALZHEIMER’S WITHIN 3 YEARS
- New Blood Test Can Predict Alzheimer’s, Mild Dementia
- Compound Derived from Vegetables Shields Rodents from Lethal Radiation Doses
- Dolphins’ ‘Remarkable’ Recovery from Injury Offers Important Insights for Human Healing