The University of Hawaii System, formally the University of Hawaii and popularly known as UH, is a public, co-educational college and university system that confers associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees through three university campuses, seven community college campuses, an employment training center, three university centers, four education centers and various other research facilities distributed across six islands throughout the state of Hawaii in the United States.
All schools of the University of Hawaii system are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The system’s main administrative offices are located on the property of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa in Honolulu CDP
The University of Hawaii at Manoa, founded as a land grant college under the terms of the Morrill Act of 1862 for the benefit of agriculture and the mechanic arts in the United States, is the flagship institution of the University of Hawaii system. It is well respected for its programs in Hawaiian/Pacific Studies, Astronomy, East Asian Languages and Literature, Asian Studies, Comparative Philosophy, Marine Science, Second Language Studies, along with Botany, Engineering, Ethnomusicology, Geophysics, Law, Linguistics, Mathematics, and Medicine.
The second-largest institution is the University of Hawaii at Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii, with over 3,000 students. The smaller University of Hawaii-West Oahu in Kapolei primarily serves students who reside on Honolulu’s western and central suburban communities. The University of Hawaii Community College system comprises four campuses on Oahu and one each on Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii. The schools were created to improve accessibility of courses to more Hawaii residents and provide an affordable means of easing the transition from high school to college for many students. University of Hawaii education centers are located in more remote areas of the state, supporting rural communities via distance education.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Hawaii research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Hawaii to roll-out large scale public electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Generating Energy from Ocean Waters Off Hawaii
- An ecosystem-based approach to protect the deep sea from mining | Manganese nodules
- New Compound Holds High Promise in Battling Kidney Cancer
- Fitting ‘smart’ mobile phone with magnifying optics creates ‘real’ cell phone
- Microbots Made of Bubbles Have Engines Made of Lasers
- Unprecedented, Human-Made Trends in Ocean’s Acidity
- Mining the Seafloor for Rare-Earth Minerals
- Natural Products Discovery Group Asks for Public’s Help with Citizen Science Program
- Keeping Wood Preservatives Where They Belong: In the Wood
- Ancient Civilizations Reveal Ways to Manage Fisheries for Sustainability
- ‘Major breakthrough’ in fish feed research
- Collision in the Making Between Self-Driving Cars and How the World Works
- Boyer’s unique recumbent bikes are hot item
- Solar power from space – innovation
- Laws of physics may just be ‘local by-laws’
- First robotic underwater vehicle to be powered entirely by natural, renewable, ocean thermal energy