The University of Illinois at Chicago, or UIC, is a state-funded public research university located in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
Its campus is in the Near West Side community area, adjacent to the Chicago Loop. The second campus established under the University of Illinois system, UIC is also the largest university in the Chicago area, having approximately 28,000 students enrolled in 15 colleges.
UIC operates the largest medical school in the United States, and serves as the principal educator for Illinois’ physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurses and other healthcare professionals. UIC’s medical school has research expenditures exceeding $412 million and consistently ranks in the top 50 U.S. institutions for research expenditures.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Illinois at Chicago research articles from Innovation Toronto
- ‘Psychic robot’ will know what you really meant to do – October 8, 2015
- UI Health validates cure for sickle cell in adults – September 18, 2015
- Tiny bio-robot is a germ suited-up with graphene quantum dots – March 24, 2015
- New catalyst converts carbon dioxide to fuel – August 2, 2014
- Supersonic spray delivers high-quality graphene layer at low cost – May 30, 2014
- Vibration may help heal chronic wounds
- Cheap metals can be used to make products from petroleum
- Delayed aging is better investment than cancer, heart disease research
- New nanotube surface promises dental implants that heal faster and fight infection
- Perfectly doped quantum dots yield colors to dye for
- Stem cells used to reattach teeth in rats