James Cook University (JCU) is a public university and is the second oldest university in Queensland, Australia.
JCU is a teaching and research institution. The University’s main campuses are located in the tropical cities of Cairns, Singapore and Townsville. JCU also has study centres in Mount Isa, Mackay and Thursday Island. A Brisbane campus, operated by Russo Higher Education, delivers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to international students. The University’s main fields of research include marine sciences, biodiversity, sustainable management of tropical ecosystems, genetics and genomics, tropical health care and tourism.
The Latest Updated Research News:
James Cook University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Climate-Related Death of Coral Around World Alarms Scientists – April 10, 2016
- Tough times for the tree of life on coral reefs – January 13, 2016
- Love Hertz: At Least for Dengue and Yellow Fever Carrying Mosquitoes – January 8, 2016
- Work on barren soil may bear fruit – August 21, 2015
- Recipe for Saving Coral Reefs: Add More Fish – April 10, 2015
- Nine steps to survive ‘most explosive era of infrastructure expansion in human history’ – March 6, 2015
- A glimmer of hope for corals as baby reef-builders cope with acidifying oceans – December 28, 2014
- Combating illegal fishing in offshore marine reserves – November 30, 2014
- New biodiversity study throws out controversial scientific theory – May 28, 2014
- Fish living near the equator will not thrive in the warmer oceans of the future
- Wildlife face Armageddon as forests shrink
- Roads could help rather than harm the environment
- The worlds big trees are dying
- Corals and Food Security: Study Shows Nations at Risk
- Can Nature Parks Save Biodiversity?
- One Solution to Global Overfishing Found