Korea University (Hangul: 고려대학교; hanja: 高麗大學校; RR: Goryeo Daehakgyo) is a private research university located in Seoul, South Korea.
It was established in 1905, making it the oldest institution of higher education in South Korea. The student body consists of over 20,000 undergraduate students and 5,000 graduate students. The university’s academic breadth is extensive with its 81 departments in 19 colleges and divisions, and 18 graduate schools and it has over 1,500 full-time faculty members with over 95% of them holding Ph. D. or equivalent qualification in their field. The Korea University Alumni Association consists of more than 280,000 university graduates.
Korea University is a research institution consisting of sixteen undergraduate colleges and twenty graduate divisions. The university is notable in South Korean history for being the first educational institution to offer academic programs in various disciplines, such as law, economics, and journalism. Korea University is particularly well known for its College of Law, which is widely considered to be one of the most prestigious undergraduate law programs in South Korea. Korea University also has auxiliary educational facilities such as the Institute of Foreign Language Studies, the Institute for Continuing Education, the Institute of International Education, and the Center for Teaching and Learning. There are 115 research institutes, including the [email protected] Laboratory, the Ilmin International Relations Institute, and the Center for Information Security Technologies.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Korea University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- A brain-computer interface for controlling an exoskeleton – August 19, 2015
- Experts close to perfect in determining truth in interrogations using active question methods – August 21, 2014
- Supersonic spray delivers high-quality graphene layer at low cost – May 30, 2014
- Scientists shut down reproductive ability, desire in pest insects
- Just Add Water: How Scientists Are Using Silicon to Produce Hydrogen on Demand
- Korea shows off salad-tossing robot at Robot World 2012