The Leibniz Association (German: Leibniz-Gemeinschaft or Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz) is a union of German non-university research institutes from various branches of study.
In 2011, 87 non-university research institutes and service device for science belong to the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft. The fields range from natural science, engineering, and ecology, to economics, other social sciences, space science, and humanities. The Leibniz Institutes work in an interdisciplinary fashion, and connect basic and applied science. They cooperate with universities, industry, and other partners in different parts of the world. The “evaluation” of the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft is a benchmark for all institutes. The Leibniz Institutes employ 16,800 people and budget was €1.4 billion.
Leibniz Institutes are funded publicly to equal parts by the federal government and the Federal states (Bundesländer).
The Latest Updated Research News:
Leibniz Association research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Erasing unpleasant memories with a genetic switch – July 1, 2016
- Turn off gene Per2 – Turn on Healthy Aging – April 24, 2016
- Large roll printed flexible touchsceens now possible at low cost – April 16, 2016
- New low friction coating allows grease-free lubrication and corrosion protection – June 8, 2015
- Electroluminescent Light Sheets: Printable Luminous Particles Enable Cost-Effective, Large and Curved Luminous Surfaces – January 23, 2015
- Corrosion of steel, aluminum, copper and metal alloys a thing of the past?
- Better dam planning strategies
- Global boom in hydropower expected this decade
- Ballistic Transport in Graphene Suggests New Type of Electronic Device
- More protection for the big ones
- Deep Carbon Observatory scientists discover quick recipe for producing hydrogen
- Scientists create tiny bendy power supply for even smaller portable electronics
- Intense Competition among Scientists Has Gotten out of Hand
- Lasers used to zap weeds into submission
- Fleet of High-Tech Robot ‘Gliders’ to Explore Oceans