Missouri University of Science and Technology (commonly Missouri S&T and formerly known as the University of Missouri–Rolla and originally Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy) is an institution of higher learning located in Rolla, Missouri, United States, and part of the University of Missouri System.
Most of its 8,642 students (Fall 2014 enrollment) study engineering, computing, mathematics and the sciences. Although known primarily as an engineering school, Missouri S&T has numerous majors in humanities, social sciences, arts, sciences and business.
The school is known for its repeated success in national engineering design competitions and its century-long tradition of aggrandized celebrations surrounding Saint Patrick’s Day.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Missouri University of Science and Technology research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Microsatellite brings new possibilities to U.S. Air Force – November 21, 2015
- New way to store solar energy could lead to more common solar cell usage – September 21, 2015
- Researchers demonstrate ‘no-ink’ color printing with nanomaterials – June 9, 2015
- An Efficient Way to Turn Wastewater into Fresh Water – February 23, 2015
- S&T professor develops ‘brain’ for robots
- IT helps researchers see their data like never before
- Glass scaffolds that help heal bone show promise as weight-bearing implants
- S&T’s Solar Village to House Microgrid Project