The 337-acre (136 ha) campus is located approximately 1.5-mile (2.4 km) east of the Las Vegas Strip. The university includes the Shadow Lane Campus, located just east of the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, which houses the School of Dental Medicine— the only dental school in the state of Nevada. In addition, UNLV’s law school, the William Boyd School of Law, is also the only law school in the state.
Noted for its strong emphasis on science and technology, business management, and the law programs, the university has been deemed a “research-intensive university” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The William Harrah College of Hotel Administration is annually ranked among the top hospitality programs in the United States due to the university’s proximity to the Las Vegas Strip. Its famed Thomas & Mack Center hosted the 2007 NBA All-Star Game, concerts, as well as lectures by Bill Clinton and Mikhail Gorbachev as part of various UNLV-affiliated lecture series.
University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Water-wise biofuel crop study to alter plants metabolic, photosynthesis process
- Scientists design low-cost indoor navigation system for blind
- Unconventional geothermal techniques a potential game changer for U.S. energy policy
- Next-Generation Device Developed to Track World’s Air Quality
- New Sources Of Biofuel To Take Pressure Off Traditional Crops
- Successful Sludge-to-Power Research Developed