Tsinghua University (sometimes abbreviated as THU) is a research university located in Beijing, China, and one of the nine members in the C9 League.
The institution was originally established in 1911 under the name “Tsinghua College” and had been renamed several times since then: from “Tsinghua School” which was used one year after its establishment, to “National Tsinghua University” which was adopted three years after the foundation of its university section in 1925. With its motto of Self-Discipline and Social Commitment, Tsinghua University describes itself as being dedicated to academic excellence, the well-being of Chinese society and to global development. It has been consistently regarded by most domestic and international university rankings as one of the top higher learning institutions in mainland China.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Tsinghua University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Serendipitous discovery of new laws governing the “developmental biology of materials” – February 23, 2016
- Computing with Time Travel – December 13, 2015
- 3-D printed building blocks of life – November 4, 2015
- “Yolks” and “shells” improve rechargeable batteries – August 6, 2015
- Project Uses Crowdsourced Computing to Improve Water Filtration – July 7, 2015
- 3D printer generates realistic model of a cancerous tumour – June 1, 2015
- Liquid metal brings shape-shifting robot a step closer – March 18, 2015
- Flexible supercapacitor could have big advantages over batteries for wearable devices – May 12, 2014
- New boron nanomaterial may be possible
- Chinese scientists upbeat on development of invisibility cloak
- Will 2-D Tin be the Next Super Material?
- Scientists invent self-healing battery electrode
- The Patent Wars Begin Over Graphene, A Material That’s About To Change Our Lives
- Insects inspiring new technology