Drexel University (DU) is a private research university with the main campus located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
It was founded in 1891 by Anthony J. Drexel, a noted financier and philanthropist. Drexel offers over 70 full-time undergraduate programs and accelerated degrees. At the graduate level, the university offers over 100 masters, doctoral, and professional programs, many available part-time.
Drexel is best known for the cooperative education program (Co-op). Drexel’s Co-op is regularly ranked as one of the best co-op programs in the United States. Participating students have a variety of opportunities to gain up to 18-months of paid full-time working experience before graduation. The university has a large network of more than 1,600 corporate, governmental, and non-profit partners in 28 states and 25 international locations. The employers consist of top ranked multinational law firms, banks, corporations, and many Fortune 500 companies, such as Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, and Procter & Gamble.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings placed Drexel among the top 200 universities in the World.
The Latest Updated Research News:
US EPA Announced as Newest Member of National Consortium for Data Science - HPCwire (blog)
October 20, 2016 - The U.S. EPA, which works with massive amounts of environmental data in its efforts to protect human health and the environment, joins Deloitte, Drexel University, EMC, GE, IBM, MCNC, North Carolina State University, RENCI, RTI International, UNC ...
Drexel study shows mismatched cuisine could make your meal more ... - EurekAlert (press release)
October 20, 2016 - Ordering an Italian main course? According to a Drexel University food science researcher, if you want to be certain you'll enjoy your meal, you should probably ...
New Trends in Universities Rankings Focus on Student Outcomes, Where Drexel Shines - DrexelNow
October 19, 2016 - But for many University officials, as for many peers, the yardstick didn't seem to fully measure what schools had to offer, according to Mark Freeman, vice provost of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness. Still, the traditional ratings ...
After Privatization, Link Found Between New Liquor Establishments, Violence - DrexelNow
October 18, 2016 - Loni Philip Tabb, PhD, an assistant professor in Drexel University's Dornsife School of Public Health, led a research team that used Seattle as a case study. The city provided a unique opportunity to discover changes in trends of violence in relation ...
Sleeping Cells' Survival Instincts: A Double-Edged Sword? - DrexelNow
October 13, 2016 - By creating a new experimental model to study quiescent — or “sleeping” — human cells, Drexel University researchers found that, when energetically stressed, the cells showed a signaling profile previously associated with inflammation. This suggests ...
Record Growth at College of Medicine's Discovery Day 2016 - DrexelNow
October 11, 2016 - With topics ranging from malaria and HIV/AIDS to spinal cord injury and neuroengineering, more than 400 Drexel University College of Medicine students and scientists will showcase original research at Discovery Day 2016 on Thursday, Oct. 20.
Drexel Ranked in the Top 8 Percent of US Colleges and Universities - DrexelNow
September 28, 2016 - The list for international universities and colleges used an overall ranking compiled from categories including teaching, industry income, research, citations and international outlook; Drexel scored highest in the last two categories. “The impressive ...
Heard Around Campus — September - DrexelNow
September 27, 2016 - Get the details behind Drexel's yearlong 125th anniversary party and check out this special 125th anniversary website to learn more about Drexel's time capsule, a timeline of 125 important Drexel moments and upcoming events. Drexel's ... 3101 Market St ...
For autism research, Drexel team says step aside, Tooth Fairy - PhillyVoice.com
September 25, 2016 - A team of researchers at Drexel University's A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, joined by specialists from the Center for Autism Research at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, will be collecting thousands of lost baby teeth in a vast project to study the ...
Autism Researchers Looking at Baby Teeth to Identify Risk Factors - DrexelNow
September 21, 2016 - A research team led by Drexel University's Craig Newschaffer, PhD, will use new technology to explore what baby teeth can tell us about children's risk of developing autism when it comes to chemical exposure in the womb. The study will focus on ...
Drexel University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Bacteria-Powered Microrobots Plot a Course Using Electric Fields – March 19, 2016
- Microchips Gain Energy Storage Capability – February 19, 2016
- 3-D printed building blocks of life – November 4, 2015
- Old tires can become supercapacitors – September 26, 2015
- Drexel Engineers’ Recipe For ‘Sandwiching’ Atomic Layers Expands Possibilities For Making Materials That Store Energy – August 16, 2015
- 3D printer generates realistic model of a cancerous tumour – June 1, 2015
- Plant Virus Can Help Boil Water 3X Faster – March 29, 2015
- Holding Energy By The Threads: Drexel Researchers Spin Cotton Into Capacitive Yarn – March 9, 2015
- Shaping the Future of Energy Storage with Conductive Clay – December 1, 2014
- Not Just the Koch Brothers: New Drexel Study Reveals Funders Behind the Climate Change Denial Effort
- Penn and Drexel Team Demonstrates New Paradigm for Solar Cell Construction
- Within Reach: Drexel Engineers to Add Arms and Hands to Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- A new material for solar panels could make them cheaper, more efficient
- New rechargeable flow battery enables cheaper, large-scale energy storage
- Ultrasound Patch Heals Venous Ulcers in Human Trial
- Making Axons Branch and Grow to Help Nerve Regeneration After Injury
- A safer way to vaccinate
- Electrochemical flow capacitor: Hybrid battery-supercapacitor design targets grid storage
- Driving without a Blind Spot May Be Closer Than It Appears
- Scientists 3D Print Robotic Dinosaurs To Learn More About Them
- Zap of Cold Plasma Reduces Harmful Bacteria On Raw Chicken
- Can We Be Trained to Like Healthy Foods?
- Researchers develop ultrahigh-power energy storage “micro-supercapacitor”