Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute. It has been a university by Royal Charter since 1966. It has branch campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai, and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
Heriot-Watt is divided into seven schools and one institute that coordinate its teaching and research:
- The School of the Built Environment, incorporating architectural engineering, civil engineering, structural engineering, construction management, surveying and urban studies;
- The School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, incorporating chemical engineering, chemistry, electrical, electronic and computing engineering, mechanical engineering and physics;
- The School of Life Sciences, incorporating applied psychology and biology;
- The School of Management and Languages, incorporating accountancy and finance, business management, economics and languages;
- The School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, incorporating actuarial mathematics and statistics, computer science and mathematics;
- The School of Textiles and Design;
- Edinburgh Business School, which offers postgraduate courses at MBA, MSc and DBA level; and
- The Institute of Petroleum Engineering, incorporating petroleum engineering and renewable energy technology.
The Latest Updated Research News:
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Heriot-Watt University research” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]