New York University (NYU) is a private, nonsectarian American research university based in New York City.
Founded in 1831, NYU is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Its main campus is situated at Washington Square in Greenwich Village, and it also has campuses located overseas.
NYU was the founding member of the League of World Universities, an international organization consisting of rectors and presidents from urban universities across six continents. The league and its 47 representatives gather every two years to discuss global issues in education. L. Jay Oliva formed the organization in 1991 just after he was inaugurated president of New York University.
The Latest Updated Research News:
New York University (NYU) research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Tiny Transformers: Chemists Create Microscopic and Malleable Building Blocks – July 20, 2016
- Worm Infection Counters Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Drastically Changing Gut Microbiome – April 15, 2016
- Penn-Led Team Reprograms Social Behavior in Carpenter Ants Using Epigenetic Drugs – January 5, 2016
- Mapping the brain: Probes with tiny LEDs shed light on neural pathways – December 20, 2015
- Scientists Teach Machines to Learn Like Humans – December 14, 2015
- Shape Shifters: Demonstrating Tunable Phase Shifting – December 6, 2015
- Early evidence suggests hybrid cochlear implants may benefit millions with common form of hearing loss – August 9, 2015
- Tiny Robot Flies Like a Jellyfish
- A New, Flying Jellyfish-like Machine
- Research Paves Path for Hybrid NanoMaterials That Could Replace Human Tissue or Today’s Pills
- Are Microgrids the Answer to City-Disrupting Disasters?
- NYU-Poly Nano Scientists Reach the Holy Grail in Label-Free Cancer Marker Detection: Single Molecules
- For Solazyme, a Side Trip on the Way to Clean Fuel
- Scientists See Promise in Deep-Learning Programs
- Robotic Fish Research Swims into New Ethorobotics Waters
- Coming Soon: A Privately-Run City To Create Development In The Developing World
- The Workplace Benefits of Being Out of Touch
- Race Against the Machine
- Key Gene Found Responsible for Chronic Inflammation, Accelerated Aging and Cancer
- Controversy Flares Over Space-Based Solar Power Plans
- In The Battle Against Climate Change, Should We Engineer Humans Instead Of The Planet?
- Robot becomes a leader among fish
- Nanofiber breakthrough holds promise for medicine and microprocessors
- Flapping-wing aircraft gets closer to reality after breakthrough
- Could Dentists Double As Doctors?
- Something in the Way You Move: Cameras May Soon Recognize Criminals by Their Gait
- Game theory in practice
- New Glasses-Free 3-D Approach Could Work on Thin, Flexible Displays
- Self-Assembling “Cages” Trap Molecules
- Violinist Taps Artificial Intelligence to Interact with Her Unique Sound
- Will the Car of the Future Be Made from Coal Ash?
- Plan B for Energy: 8 Revolutionary Energy Sources
- Computer vision – Eye robot
- DIYers Turn Inspiration into Everything
- Fewer Degrees Of Separation Make Companies More Innovative, Creative