Northeastern University (NU) is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts.
The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools, and select advanced degrees at graduate campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Seattle, Washington.
Northeastern’s main campus is situated in the Fenway, Roxbury, South End, and Back Bay neighborhoods. The university has more than 16,000 undergraduates and almost 8,000 graduate students. In 2013, three students were named Fulbright Scholars. Northeastern is categorized as a RU/H Research University (high research activity) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. In 2011, Northeastern opened the George J. Kostas Research Institute for Homeland Security.
Northeastern’s cooperative education program integrates classroom study with professional experience on seven continents. In 2012-2013, 7,968 students participated in the co-op program. 51 percent of 2012 graduates received a job offer from a previous co-op employer.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Northeastern University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Researchers find the tipping point between resilience and collapse in complex systems – February 20, 2016
- Researchers develop novel 3-D printing method for creating patient-specific medical devices November 4, 2015
- Antibiotic breakthrough could turn the tables in battle against superbugs – January 7, 2014
- New device will help identify the millions of bacteria that populate the world – July 9, 2014
- A portable miniature science lab
- Researchers discover new treatment to cure the MRSA ‘superbug
- Invasive Species: Understanding the Threat Before It’s Too Late
- Psychologists Uncover Hidden Signals of Trust—Using a Robot
- Magnetic breakthrough may have significant pull
- New Algorithm Offers Ability to Influence Systems Such as Living Cells or Social Networks