RWTH Aachen University (Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen) (German pronunciation: [ɛʀveːteːhaː ˈʔaːxən]) is a research university of technology located in Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
With over 40,000 students enrolled in 130 study programs, it is the largest technical university in Germany. The university maintains close links to industry and accounts for the highest amount of third-party funds of all German universities in both absolute and relative terms per faculty member.
National rankings regularly identify RWTH Aachen among the national top three in fields such as engineering (especially mechanical engineering and electrical engineering), computer science, physics, chemistry, and medicine. In the field of mechanical engineering, the university was ranked 17th in the world by QS World University Rankings in 2013.
RWTH Aachen University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Citrus fruit inspires a new energy-absorbing metal structure
- German-Finnish research team succeeds in organizing programmed nanoparticles into highly complex nanostructures
- Study unlocks secrets of device that is both battery and memory
- Artificial valve for treating a common circulatory problem
- New Sunflower-Inspired Pattern Increases Concentrated Solar Efficiency