ITMO University ( Russian: Университет ИТМО), former Saint Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, abbreviated as SPbNRU ITMO, is a leading Russian technical university located in St. Petersburg, Russia.
It trains specialists in cutting-edge technologies directed to science and technical development.
St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics was founded in 1930, though its history started in 1900 when special school for masters of precision instruments and optics was opened. The university’s formation was brought about by the growing needs of the country for qualified specialists in instrument-making. Today, the University has more than 10,000 students, 30 academic departments and about 1000 teaching staff. The main university building is Kronverksiy Prospect, 49. Since 2009, the university has held the title of National Research University.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE LATEST Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics RESEARCH UPDATES
The Latest Updated Research News:
Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Personalized medicine will employ computer algorithms – June 16, 2016
- Hybrid nanoantennas — next-generation platform for ultradense data recording – May 8, 2016
- Scientists build a neural network using plastic memristors – January 28, 2016
- Inkjet Hologram Printing is Possible Now! – November 25, 2015
- Silicon nanoparticle is a new candidate for an ultrafast all-optical transistor – September 14, 2015
- Supersonic Laser-Propelled Rockets – October 31, 2014