The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) is a nonprofit American medical research facility that focuses on research and education in the biomedical sciences.
Headquartered in San Diego, California with a sister facility in Jupiter, Florida, the institute is home to 3,000 scientists, technicians, graduate students, and administrative and other staff, making it among the largest private, non-profit biomedical research organizations in the world.
TSRI’s California campus is located on 35 acres (140,000 m2) of land between the Torrey Pines State Reserve and the University of California, San Diego in La Jolla. In Florida, TSRI occupies 30 acres (120,000 m2) adjacent to the John D. MacArthur campus of Florida Atlantic University in Palm Beach County, Florida.
The Florida campus of TSRI operates a 350,000-square-foot (33,000 m2) state-of-the-art biomedical research facility focusing on neuroscience, cancer biology, medicinal chemistry, drug discovery, biotechnology, and alternative energy development. Approximately 450 faculty, staff and students occupy TSRI’s Florida campus. TSRI Florida is housed on the Jupiter campus of Florida Atlantic University.
The Scripps Research Institute research articles from Innovation Toronto
- New Method Enlists Electricity for Easier, Cheaper, Safer Chemistry – May 11, 2016
- A Cheap, Portable Drug-Discovery System: LIGHTSABR – February 14, 2016
- Scripps Florida Scientists Reveal Potential Treatment for Life-Threatening Viral Infections – November 25, 2015
- Cancer Treatment Breakthrough: Researchers Engineer A Way To Make Leukemia Cells Kill Each Other – October 23, 2015
- Progress towards a universal, and perhaps, lifelong flu vaccine – August 30, 2015
- Scripps Research, Mayo Clinic Scientists Find New Class of Drugs that Dramatically Increases Healthy Lifespan – March 10, 2015
- Scientists Announce Anti-HIV Agent So Powerful It Can Work in a Vaccine – February 19, 2015
- Scientists Open New Frontier of Vast Chemical ‘Space’ – December 21, 2014
- Scripps Florida Scientists Make Diseased Cells Synthesize Their Own Drug – September 6, 2014
- Scripps Research Institute Chemists Uncover Powerful New Click Chemistry Reactivity – August 18, 2014
- Scientists Add Letters to DNA’s Alphabet, Raising Hope and Fear | synthetic biology – May 8, 2014
- Scripps Research Institute Scientists Create First Living Organism that Transmits Added Letters in DNA ‘Alphabet’ | DNA biology – May 7, 2014
- Scientists find new way to upgrade natural gas
- Scripps Research Institute Scientists Identify First Potentially Effective Therapy for Human Prion Disease
- Innovative Screening Strategy Swiftly Uncovers New Drug Candidates, New Biology | drug-discovery strategy
- Clinical Trial Indicates Gabapentin Is Safe and Effective for Treating Alcohol Dependence
- New Strategy to Treat Multiple Sclerosis Shows Promise in Mice
- Scripps Florida Scientists Identify Potential New Drug for Inherited Cancer
- Drug Candidate Leads to Improved Endurance
- New Drug Candidate Has Dramatic Effect on Endurance
- New Compound Excels at Killing Persistent and Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
- Chemists Invent Powerful Toolkit, Accelerating Creation of Potential New Drugs
- Meth Vaccine Shows Promising Results in Early Tests
- New ‘Biopsy in a Blood Test’ to Detect Cancer
- Discovery May Lead to Safer Treatments for Asthma, Allergies and Arthritis
- First Stem Cells from Endangered Species
- Can a vaccine stop drug abuse?
- Addicted to Fat: Overeating May Alter the Brain as Much as Hard Drugs