UA was the first university in the state of Arizona, founded in 1885 (twenty-seven years before the Arizona Territory achieved statehood). The university includes the University of Arizona College of Medicine, which operates a medical center in Tucson, and a separate 4-year M.D. college in downtown Phoenix. As of the 2012-2013 calendar year, total enrollment was 40,223 students.
The University of Arizona is governed by the Arizona Board of Regents. The mission of the University of Arizona is, “To discover, educate, serve, and inspire.” Arizona is one of the elected members of the Association of American Universities (an organization of North America’s premier research institutions) and is the only representative from the state of Arizona to this group.
University of Arizona research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Breakthrough in retinal implants expected to restore sight to the blind
- Highest-ever Resolution Photos of the Night Sky
- How Long until We Have the Superhuman Exoskeletons from Elysium?
- Cheap, color, holographic video
- Predicting infectious influenza
- Better batteries from waste sulfur
- Multi-Toxin Biotech Crops Not Silver Bullets, UA Scientists Warn
- UA Engineering Professor Uses Aerospace Materials to Build Endless Green Pipeline
- Cost-effective solar power module could also serve as an eco-friendly furnace
- Megapixel Camera? Try Gigapixel
- Robotic lake lander could explore bodies of water on other planets
- Where Is My Holodeck?
- New Ways to Image and Therapeutically Target Melanoma Using Nanomedicine?
- New Glasses-Free 3-D Approach Could Work on Thin, Flexible Displays
- Smart Irrigation: A Supercomputer Waters the Lawn
- Long-term Cooling Trend In Arctic Abruptly Reverses, Signaling Potential For Sea Rise
- PixelOptics to launch ‘world’s first electronic focusing eyewear’
- Holograms Deliver 3-D, Without the Goofy Glasses
- 3D holograms move toward real-time “telepresence” capacity
- Lunar garden to give astronauts a green thumb on the green cheese
- Bite me: New malaria-proof mosquito developed