Dartmouth College, commonly referred to as Dartmouth (/ˈdɑrtməθ/ dart-məth), is a private Ivy League research university located in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States.
The institution consists of a liberal arts college, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, and the Tuck School of Business, as well as 19 graduate programs in the arts and sciences. Incorporated as the “Trustees of Dartmouth College,” it is one of the nine Colonial Colleges founded before the American Revolution. With an undergraduate enrollment of 4,194 and a total student enrollment of 6,144, Dartmouth is the smallest university in the Ivy League.
Dartmouth College was established in 1769 by Eleazar Wheelock, a Congregational minister. After a long period of financial and political struggles, Dartmouth emerged in the early 20th century from relative obscurity. Dartmouth alumni, from Daniel Webster to the many donors in the 19th and 20th centuries, have been famously involved in their college.
Dartmouth is located on a rural 269 acres (1.09 km2) campus in the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire. The campus is isolated, and participation in athletics and the school’s Greek system is strong. Dartmouth’s 34 varsity sports teams compete in the Ivy League conference of the NCAA Division I. Students are well known for preserving a variety of strong campus traditions.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Dartmouth College research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Dartmouth Team Uses Smart Light to Track Human Behavior Continuously in Real Time – June 16, 2016
- Breakthrough towards sustainable, fish-free feeds for aquaculture – June 5, 2016
- Digital media may be changing how we think at the expense of abstract thought? – May 13, 2016
- Scientists invent robotic ‘artist’ that spray paints giant murals – April 8, 2016
- Simple shell of plant virus sparks immune response against cancer – December 23, 2015
- Smart light lets you control your environment – August 20, 2015
- Dartmouth team creates first hidden, real-time, screen-camera communication – May 19, 2015
- Researchers create first image-recognition software that greatly improves web searches – November 23, 2014
- Scientists test a Nanoparticle “Alarm Clock” to Awaken Immune Systems Put to Sleep by Cancer – July 27, 2014
- Does Cat Poop Parasite Play a Role in Curing Cancer – July 16, 2014?
- URI researchers release new biological agent to fight invasive weed
- NASA Rover Prototype Set To Explore Greenland Ice Sheet
- Shadows and light: Dartmouth researchers develop new software to detect forged photos
- Microwave imaging can see how well Breast Cancer treatment is progressing
- Diss Information: Is There a Way to Stop Popular Falsehoods from Morphing into “Facts”?