Drexel University (DU) is a private research university with the main campus located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
It was founded in 1891 by Anthony J. Drexel, a noted financier and philanthropist. Drexel offers over 70 full-time undergraduate programs and accelerated degrees. At the graduate level, the university offers over 100 masters, doctoral, and professional programs, many available part-time.
Drexel is best known for the cooperative education program (Co-op). Drexel’s Co-op is regularly ranked as one of the best co-op programs in the United States. Participating students have a variety of opportunities to gain up to 18-months of paid full-time working experience before graduation. The university has a large network of more than 1,600 corporate, governmental, and non-profit partners in 28 states and 25 international locations. The employers consist of top ranked multinational law firms, banks, corporations, and many Fortune 500 companies, such as Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, and Procter & Gamble.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings placed Drexel among the top 200 universities in the World.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Drexel University research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Bacteria-Powered Microrobots Plot a Course Using Electric Fields – March 19, 2016
- Microchips Gain Energy Storage Capability – February 19, 2016
- 3-D printed building blocks of life – November 4, 2015
- Old tires can become supercapacitors – September 26, 2015
- Drexel Engineers’ Recipe For ‘Sandwiching’ Atomic Layers Expands Possibilities For Making Materials That Store Energy – August 16, 2015
- 3D printer generates realistic model of a cancerous tumour – June 1, 2015
- Plant Virus Can Help Boil Water 3X Faster – March 29, 2015
- Holding Energy By The Threads: Drexel Researchers Spin Cotton Into Capacitive Yarn – March 9, 2015
- Shaping the Future of Energy Storage with Conductive Clay – December 1, 2014
- Not Just the Koch Brothers: New Drexel Study Reveals Funders Behind the Climate Change Denial Effort
- Penn and Drexel Team Demonstrates New Paradigm for Solar Cell Construction
- Within Reach: Drexel Engineers to Add Arms and Hands to Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- A new material for solar panels could make them cheaper, more efficient
- New rechargeable flow battery enables cheaper, large-scale energy storage
- Ultrasound Patch Heals Venous Ulcers in Human Trial
- Making Axons Branch and Grow to Help Nerve Regeneration After Injury
- A safer way to vaccinate
- Electrochemical flow capacitor: Hybrid battery-supercapacitor design targets grid storage
- Driving without a Blind Spot May Be Closer Than It Appears
- Scientists 3D Print Robotic Dinosaurs To Learn More About Them
- Zap of Cold Plasma Reduces Harmful Bacteria On Raw Chicken
- Can We Be Trained to Like Healthy Foods?
- Researchers develop ultrahigh-power energy storage “micro-supercapacitor”