The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is a British Research Council that provides government funding for grants to undertake research and postgraduate degrees in engineering and the physical sciences (including mathematics, artificial intelligence and computer science), mainly to universities in the United Kingdom.
The head office is in Swindon, Wiltshire in the same building (Polaris House) that houses the AHRC, BBSRC, ESRC, MRC, Natural Environment Research Council, Science and Technology Facilities Council, TSB, Research Councils UK and the UK Space Agency.
EPSRC was created in 1994. It was formerly a part of the Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC).
The Latest Updated Research News:
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Diamonds are a Laser Scientist’s New Best Friend
- All-in- One Energy System Offers Greener Power for Off-Grid Homes, Farms and Businesses
- Portable, Low-Cost Early Warning Test For Osteoporosis
- Brain and Eye Combined Monitoring Breakthrough Could Lead to Fewer Road Accidents
- Nanodiamonds cut through dirt to bring back ‘bling’ to low temperature laundry
- Geoengineering: Implicit promises
- ‘Living’ Micro-Robot Could Detect Diseases in Humans
- Aircraft of the Future Could Capture and Re-Use Some of Their Own Power