The University of Liverpool is a teaching and research university based in the city of Liverpool, England.
Founded in 1881 (as a university college), it is also one of the six original “red brick” civic universities. It comprises three faculties organised into 35 departments and schools. The university has an enviable international reputation for innovative research and academic excellence. It is a founding member of the Russell Group of large research-intensive universities, the N8 Group for research collaboration and The University Management school is AACSB accredited.
The university has produced eight Nobel Prize winners and offers more than 230 first degree courses across 103 subjects. It was the world’s first university to establish departments in Oceanography, Civic Design, Architecture, and Biochemistry at the Johnston Laboratories. In 2006 the university became the first in the UK to establish an independent university in China making it the world’s first Sino-British university. It has an annual turnover of £410 million, including £150 million for research.
Graduates of the University are styled with the post-nominal letters Lpool, to indicate the institution.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Liverpool research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Teaching computers to understand human languages – May 8, 2016
- Researchers synthesize a rare critical mineral for first time – February 23, 2016
- New milestone for electronic nose device that can ‘smell’ prostate cancer – February 13, 2016
- Researchers make a porous liquid – November 13, 2015
- Tissue ‘scaffold’ technology could help rebuild large organs – June 20, 2015
- Tofu ingredient could revolutionise solar panel manufacturing – June 27, 2014
- Goodbye Weak Bones? New method increases targeted bone volume by 30 percent – June 27, 2014
- An end to animal testing for mascara irritation
- Researchers tackle collapsing bridges with new technology
- Earth feels impact of middle class
- Major breakthrough in deciphering bread wheat’s genetic code
- ClickClinica, the app that maps disease outbreaks
- Water-wise biofuel crop study to alter plants metabolic, photosynthesis process
- Wheat genome sequenced superior types of wheat could result
- ‘Dry Water’ Could Make a Big Splash Commercially, Help Fight Global Warming
- Software To Cut Energy Wastage Could Save Organizations Thousands Each Month