Michigan State University (MSU) is a public research university located in East Lansing, Michigan, United States and is the first land-grant institution that was created to serve as a model for future land-grant colleges in the country under the 1862 Morrill Act.
MSU pioneered the studies of packaging, hospitality business, supply chain management, and telecommunication.
Following the introduction of the Morrill Act, the college became coeducational and expanded its curriculum beyond agriculture. Today, MSU is the ninth-largest university in the United States (in terms of enrollment), with 49,300 students (2013–14) and 2,954 faculty members.
Latest Research from Michigan State University
The Latest from the BLOGOSPHERE
Michigan State University articles from Innovation Toronto
- Deep Carbon Observatory scientists discover quick recipe for producing hydrogen
- What makes creativity tick?
- MSU TailBot: A Tail Assisted Running and Jumping Robot
- Microbial team turns corn stalks and leaves into better biofuel
- A new form of human-machine interfacing
- Maize Trade Disruption Could Have Global Ramifications
- Second door discovered in war against mosquito-borne diseases – not good news
- Helping pet owners make tough choices
- How Do You Feed 9 Billion People?
- Facial Recognition Technology Proves Itself
- Discovery Could Yield Treatments for Cocaine Addicts
- Unchecked Antibiotic Use in Animals May Affect Global Human Health
- Robofish Grace Glides with the Greatest of Ease
- Amazon deforestation brings loss of microbial communities
- Energy Savings – Easy as Dirt, Heat, Pressure
- World’s most efficient thermoelectric material developed
- Massive data for miniscule communities
- Letting the Cloud Watch Over the Farm
- New biofuel process dramatically improves energy recovery
- Scientists Urge New Approaches to Plant Research
- Food Sleuths: Sniffing Out Where Our Meals Are Really From
- Powerful New Approach to Attack Flu Virus
- 7 Food Ingredients Most Prone to Fraudulent Economically Motivated Food Ingredients
- US Students Need New Way of Learning Science
- Robotic fish test the waters for safety risks
- Lasers Could Be Used to Detect Roadside Bombs
- Microbes Generate Electricity While Cleaning Up Nuclear Waste
- Repellant Could Be Key to Better Controlling Destructive Invasive Species
- New Car Engine Sends Shock Waves Through Auto Industry
- Oxygen sensor invention could benefit fisheries to breweries
- Method Developed to Match Police Sketch, Mug Shot
- Smart Lasers Could Make Cancer Biopsies Painless, Help Speed New Drugs to Market
- Biofuel Grasslands Better for Birds Than Ethanol Staple Corn
- Breakfast Can Wait. The Day’s First Stop Is Online
Subscribe to this page here: Michigan State University