QUT is located on three campuses in the Brisbane area: Gardens Point, Kelvin Grove, and Caboolture. The university has approximately 35,000 undergraduate students and 5,000 post graduate students, of which 6,000 are international students. It has over 4 000 staff members, and an annual budget of more than AU$750 million.
QUT ranks within the top 10 Australian Universities and the upper 3% world-wide. QUT has been ranked as Australia’s best university under 50 years of age by the Times Higher Education Top 100, and ranks 26th globally in that category. The university in its current form was founded 1990, when the then Queensland Institute of Technology (QIT) merged with the Brisbane College of Advanced Education.
Queensland University of Technology research articles from Innovation Toronto
- New, safe and ready treatment for alcohol addiction – April 15, 2016
- Securing data from tomorrow’s supercomputers – August 19, 2015
- Panel-powered car could double the range of electric vehicles- November 8, 2014
- Robot researcher combines nature to nurture ‘superhuman’ navigation – October 3, 2014
- Super bananas – world first human trial – June 18, 2014
- Intelligent absorbent removes radioactive material from water
- Blind Inventors Develop Free Software to Enable the Blind to Use Computers