The University of Southern Denmark, with campuses located in the southwestern part of Denmark – i.e. Funen, Southern Jutland and Zealand – is a research and educational institution with deep regional roots and an international outlook.
Reaching even further south, the university offers a number of joint programmes in co-operation with the University of Flensburg and the University of Kiel. Contacts with regional industries and the international scientific community are strong.
The University of Southern Denmark (Syddansk Universitet) was formed in 1998 (but dates back to 1966) by the merger between Odense University (founded in 1966), Southern Denmark School of Business and Engineering and South Jutland University Centre. In 2006 it was decided to incorporate the Business School Centre in Slagelse (Handelshøjskolecentret Slagelse), the National Institute of Public Health (Statens Institut for Folkesundhed) and Odense Teknikum into the University of Southern Denmark per January 1, 2007. The University therefore now has seven campuses, mainly located in the southern part of Denmark: campus Odense on the island of Funen with nearby engineering campus, campus Slagelse and campus Copenhagen on the island of Zealand, as well as campus Kolding, campus Esbjerg and campus Sønderborg (campus named Alsion) on the Jutland peninsula. In 1998 University Library of Southern Denmark was also merged with the university.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Southern Denmark research articles from Innovation Toronto
- To Save An Entire Species, All You Need Is $1.3 Million – March 17, 2015
- Scientists bring oxygen back to dead fjord – February 24, 2015
- New material steals oxygen from air – October 1, 2014
- Nasal spray may soon replace the pill to deliver drugs to the brain – May 22, 2014
- Surprising diversity in aging revealed in nature
- Old concrete can protect nature
- Now we know why old scizophrenia medicine works on antibiotics-resistant bacteria
- ‘Living’ carbon-negative material could be used to protect buildings
- New fiber optic technology could ease Internet congestion, video streaming
- If You Had A Microgrid, You Wouldn’t Be Waiting For The Power Company
- Climate Wizard Makes Large Databases of Climate Information Visual, Accessible