These are a network of teaching hospitals affiliated with the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
In total, the organization devotes C$150 million a year to research and trains more than 3000 undergraduate, graduate and medical students at its member hospitals and institutes. Physicians, scientists and researchers at the organization collaborate extensively with the University of Toronto, where many of them hold professorial appointments. UHN is ranked 1st in Canada in terms of research funding by Research Infosource Inc’s “Canada’s Top 40 Research Hospitals 2012”. In October 2008, UHN was named one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers” by Mediacorp Canada Inc., and was featured in Maclean’s newsmagazine. Later that month, UHN was also named one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, which was announced by the Toronto Star, a local daily newspaper in Toronto.
University Health Network (UHN) research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Simple Drug Regimen Cures Hepatitis C Virus in Patients After 12 Weeks – November 17, 2015
- Colon cancer researchers target stem cells, discover viable new therapeutic path
- New Treatment for “Arthritis of the Spine” Prevents Paralysis
- New study redefines how plaques grow in heart disease
- New ‘Biowire’ Technology Matures Human Heart by Mimicking Fetal Heartrate
- Deep Brain Stimulation shows promise for patients with chronic, treatment resistant Anorexia Nervosa
- Critically Ill Flu Patients Saved With Artificial Lung Technology Treatment Normally Used For Lung Transplant Patients
- Head-worn device uses sonar to rapidly diagnose stroke