The United States Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) is the corporate research laboratory for the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps and conducts a wide range of basic scientific research, applied research, technological development and prototyping.
A few of the laboratory’s current specialties include plasma physics, space physics, materials science, and tactical electronic warfare. NRL is one of the first US Government scientific R&D laboratories, having opened in 1923 at the instigation of Thomas Edison, and is currently under the Office of Naval Research. NRL’s research expenditures are approximately $1.1 billion per year.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Navy Researchers: Model Plane Flown with Fuel Made from Seawater
- Nano Breakthrough For Navy Lab; Tiny Sensors To Detect Explosives, Bio Weapons, Rotten Food
- An unlikely competitor for diamond as the best thermal conductor
- NRL Shatters Endurance Record for Small Electric UAV
- NASA announces new CubeSat space mission candidates
- Triple-junction solar cell design could break 50 percent conversion barrier
- Navy Researchers Look to Rotating Detonation Engines to Power the Future
- U.S. Navy Produces Fuel from Seawater
- SAFFiR robot could be putting out fires on Navy ships
- Undersea Forces from Hurricanes May Threaten Gulf Pipelines