The University of Texas at Dallas (also referred to as UT Dallas or UTD) is a public research university in the University of Texas System.
The main campus is in Richardson, Texas, Telecom Corridor, 18 miles (29 km) north of downtown Dallas. The institution, established in 1961 as the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest and later renamed the Southwest Center for Advanced Studies (SCAS), began as a research arm of Texas Instruments. In 1969 the founders bequeathed SCAS to the state of Texas and Governor Preston Smith signed the bill officially creating the University of Texas at Dallas.
UTD offers over 133 academic programs across its seven schools and hosts more than 50 research centers and institutes. With a number of interdisciplinary degree programs, its curriculum is designed to allow study that crosses traditional disciplinary lines and to enable students to participate in collaborative research labs. Entering freshmen average math and critical reading SAT scores are among the highest of the public universities in Texas and 1270 for 2012. The Carnegie Foundation classifies UT Dallas as a “comprehensive doctoral research university” and a “high research activity institution”. Research projects include the areas of space science, bioengineering, cybersecurity, nanotechnology, and behavioral and brain sciences.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Texas at Dallas research articles from Innovation Toronto
- The Electronic Nose May be the Next Everyday Health Diagnosis Device – June 17, 2016
- Discovery Could Mean 5 times Longer-Lasting Batteries from Cell Phones to Car Batteries – May 24, 2016
- New Study Exposes the Growing Problem of Patent Aggregators and Aggregators’ Negative Impact on Innovation in the United States – May 3, 2016
- A Major New Approach to Gene Therapy – February 23, 2015
- Engineer Applies Robot Control Theory to Improve Prosthetic Legs – December 6, 2014
- “Minecraft’ Modification Teaches About Materials Science – Fun and Challenging – October 26, 2014
- New Technology May Lead to Prolonged Power in Mobile Devices – September 29, 2014
- Powerful, Possible Next Step in Electric Motors – May 20, 2014
- New Implanted Devices May Reshape Medicine – May 14, 2014
- Making New Materials an Atomic Layer at a Time | 2D layered materials – April 17, 2014
- UT Dallas Project Pushes Boundaries of Virtual Reality
- Researchers Unveil Large Robotic Jellyfish That One Day Could Patrol Oceans
- Researchers Find Material for Cleaner-Running Diesel Vehicles Replacing Platinum
- Machine Counterpart: Nature’s New Creatures
- Graphene is starting to sound like a potential wonder material for the electronics business
- New cloaking device is no mirage – but it’s like one
- Mexico Turns to Social Media for Information and Survival
- Nanotube sheets could lead to stealthier submarines
- Laser-activated nanotube speakers could be invisibly embedded in windows and walls