Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is an academic medical center located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
It is the largest employer in Forsyth County with more than 13,000 employees and a total of 172 buildings on 446 acres. The entity includes:
- Wake Forest Baptist Health, its clinical enterprise
- Wake Forest School of Medicine, its teaching and research arm
- Wake Forest Innovations, a new operating division that drives innovation through partnerships, education, licensing and start-ups.
The medical center is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as among the nation’s best hospitals in 12 areas: Cancer, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology. Brenner Children’s Hospital, a 160-bed “hospital within a hospital at the medical center, is ranked in three pediatric categories by “U.S. News & World Report:” Neonatology, Orthopedics and Urology.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Scientists Re-encode Memories to Bypass Brain Damage – October 1, 2015
- Milestone Reached in Work to Build Replacement Kidneys in the Lab – September 17, 2014
- Research in Rodents Suggests Potential for “In Body” Muscle Regeneration – September 6, 2014
- Laboratory-Grown Vaginas Implanted in Patients | laboratory-grown vaginal organs
- Oxygen-Generating Compound Shows Promise for Saving Tissue after Severe Injury