The University of Warwick (informally known as Warwick University or Warwick) is a public research university in Coventry, England.
It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand access to higher education. Warwick Business School was established in 1967 and Warwick Medical School was opened in 2000. Warwick merged with Coventry College of Education in 1979 and Horticulture Research International in 2004.
Warwick consistently ranks in the top ten of all major rankings of British universities and is the only multi-faculty institution aside from the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge to have never been ranked outside of the top ten. It is the best university under 50 years of age in Europe, and the third best under 50 years old in the world. It is the most targeted university in the UK by top employers according to a High Fliers Research Study, and was ranked by QS as the world’s 9th best university based on employer reputation. It was ranked 7th in the UK amongst multi-faculty institutions for the quality of its research in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise. Entrance is highly competitive, with around 8.25 applicants per place for undergraduate study.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Warwick research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Researchers create World’s first ibuprofen patch – delivering pain relief directly through skin – December 10, 2015
- Arthritis breakthrough as new test diagnoses condition up to a decade earlier – with just a single drop of blood – March 20, 2015
- Ebola outbreak “out of all proportion” and severity cannot be predicted – September 18, 2014
- Self-assembling anti-cancer molecules created in minutes – August 4, 2014
- New drug raises potential for cancer treatment revolution
- Economic development can only buy happiness up to a ‘sweet spot’ of $36,000 GDP per person
- All aboard the nanotrain network
- Far From Being Harmless, the Effects of Bullying Last Long Into Adulthood
- Autophaser improves sample analysis in areas such as cancer, Alzheimer’s and oil spills
- Alternative to fullerenes in organic solar cells – just as exciting
- Engineers pave the way towards 3D printing of personal electronics
- Organic solar cells with high electric potential for portable electronics
- Waste cooking oil makes bioplastics cheaper
- Nanodiamonds cut through dirt to bring back ‘bling’ to low temperature laundry
- Where Is My Holodeck?
- ‘Alternative Vote’ Electoral System Could Lock out Extremist Candidates, UK Researcher Says
- Armor for nano drug release vehicles inspired by plankton
- World’s first full HDR video system sees like the human eye
- Most Challenging Christmas Plastic Wrapping Could Be Recycled With New Technology
- New technique recycles 100 percent of household plastic
- Green Heating and Cooling Technology Turns Carbon from Eco-Villain to Hero
- Tata readies Indica Vista killer-EV for market
- World-first Sustainable Racing Car Runs On Chocolate, To Take On Formula 3
- Let the games begin
- Minds of their own