It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees, and is organized in six colleges: business, engineering, honors college, liberal arts, nursing and science.
UAH is one of three members of the University of Alabama System, which includes the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. All three institutions operate independently, with only the president of each university reporting to the Board of Trustees of the system. The university enrollment is approximately 7,500.
University of Alabama Huntsville research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Scientist creates AI algorithm to monitor machinery health – February 3, 2016
- Research could hasten the dawn of hybrid rocket engines – July 12, 2015
- Computer Cooling System Could Save U.S. $6.3 Billion in Electricity a Year – April 29, 2015
- UAHuntsville students hope glove keyboard will revolutionize use of devices with one hand
- Undergraduate Invention Aims to Lower Costs of Organ Cell Printing
- Personal monitor systems may change healthcare
- Lasers key to UAH team’s asteroid defense system
- Off-the-shelf helicopters for military and commercial use