The University of Iowa (also known as UI, or simply Iowa) is a flagship public research university located in Iowa City, Iowa.
Founded in 1847, Iowa is the oldest university in the state and it is considered a Public Ivy. The university is organized into eleven colleges offering more than 100 areas of study and seven professional degrees.
The Iowa campus spans 1,900 acres centered along the banks of the Iowa River and includes the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, named one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for the 23rd year in a row. The university was the original developer of the Master of Fine Arts degree and it operates the world-renowned Iowa Writers’ Workshop. Iowa has very high research activity, and is a member of several research coalitions, including the American Association of Universities, the Universities Research Association, and the Committee on Institutional Cooperation. The Iowa alumni network exceeds 250,000, and the university budgeted revenues and expenses of $3.167 billion for 2013.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Iowa research articles from Innovation Toronto
- CRISPR Used to Repair Blindness-causing Genetic Defect in Patient-derived Stem Cells – Retinitis Pigmentosa – January 29, 2016
- Researchers create vaccine for dust-mite allergies – July 27, 2014
- No-refrigeration, spray vaccine could curb diseases in remote areas
- A bio patch that can regrow bone
- Chemists develop new approaches to understanding disturbing trends near Earth’s surface
- NASA Spacecraft Embarks on Historic Journey Into Interstellar Space
- A promising target to treat asthma
- China’s Tianhe-2 is the new world champ of supercomputing
- Scientists Coax Brain to Regenerate Cells Lost in Huntington’s Disease in Mouse Model
- Researchers Developing 3D Printer, ‘Bio-Ink’ to Create Human Organs
- Water-resistant coating guards limestone from pollution
- Cell-Based Alternative to Animal Testing?
- Geographic Analysis Offers New Insight Into Coral Disease Spread