Loughborough University is a public research university located in the market town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, in the East Midlands of England.
In March 2013, the university announced it had acquired the former broadcast centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park which it plans to open as a second campus in 2015. It was a member of the 1994 Group until the group was dissolved in November 2013. The university recently won its seventh Queen’s Anniversary Prize, awarded for the relevance of its research.
It has been a university since 1966, but the institution dates back to 1909, when the then Loughborough Technical Institute began with a focus on skills and knowledge which would be directly applicable in the wider world. Loughborough ranks particularly highly for engineering and technology and is noted for its sports-related courses and achievements.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Loughborough research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Revolutionary 3D printed fashion to be developed at Loughborough University – April 20, 2016
- Loughborough University unveils breakthrough technology with potential to revolutionise the global rail industry – September 11, 2015
- Revolutionary device makes machining composites as easy as ‘cutting through butter’ – July 6, 2014
- Research on 3-D printed wrist splints boost for arthritis sufferers – July 3, 2014
- Scientists come up with method of reducing solar panel glare – April 18, 2014
- Sanitation: Flushed with pride
- Paving Slab Generates Electricity with Footfalls
- New acoustic early warning system for landslides developed