The University of California, Davis (also referred to as UCD, UC Davis, or Davis) is a public teaching and research university located in Davis, California just west of Sacramento.
The campus covers 7,309 acres (2,958 ha), making it the largest within the 10 campus University of California system. UC Davis also has the third largest enrollment in the UC System after UCLA and UC Berkeley.
Howard and Matthew Greene named UC Davis a Public Ivy in 2001, a publicly funded university considered as providing a quality of education comparable to those of the Ivy League. In 2013, U.S. News and World Report ranked UC Davis as the 9th best public university in the United States, 39th nationally, and tied for 3rd best of the UC schools with UC San Diego, following UC Berkeley and UCLA. UC Davis is also one of 62 members in the Association of American Universities.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Jeffrey Peters appointed deputy director of Penn State Cancer Institute - Penn State News
February 20, 2017 - With a research presence in Hershey and at the University Park campus, the Penn State Cancer Institute is the centerpiece of Penn State's commitment to discoveries that will lead to the prevention, treatment and cures for cancer. “This is a University ...
UC releases 2016 Annual Report on Sustainable Practices - The Aggie
February 20, 2017 - UC Davis offers many classes on sustainability, climate science and research on environmental and sustainability questions. Students also voted in 2016 to establish the Green Initiative Fund, which supports sustainability projects and student internships.
Here's who asks sperm bank for donor's info - Futurity: Research News
February 17, 2017 - The data show that the move to open-identity sperm donation is feasible, says the study's primary author, Joanna Scheib, associate adjunct professor of psychology at the University of California, Davis, and research director at the Sperm Bank of ...
US Research Labs Home to 100000 Monkeys, Critics Call Experiments 'Outdated and Barbaric' - NBC Bay Area
February 17, 2017 - There more than 6,000 monkeys at the California National Primate Research Center at UC Davis. A little more than half are in a breeding area, and more than 2,700 are in research studies. Rubin and her fellow protesters think the research should stop.
UC Davis reports $1.5M grant to study Jainism - Daily Democrat
February 15, 2017 - Mohini Jain, philanthropist, retired teacher and longtime resident of Davis, has made a $1.5 million gift to the University of California, Davis, to advance the study of Jainism, one of the world's most revered and ancient philosophies. ... the chair ...
UC Davis medical school dean tapped to lead Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center - Sacramento Business Journal
February 14, 2017 - In 2014, Freischlag replaced Dr. Claire Pomeroy, whose performance was marked by a federal investigation into rogue research by two neurosurgeons on dying brain cancer patients and alleged censorship of a professor by the UC Davis Academic Senate.
UC Davis Receives $1.5 Million to Advance the Study of Jainism - UC Davis
February 14, 2017 - Mohini Jain, philanthropist, retired teacher and longtime resident of Davis, has made a $1.5 million gift to the University of California, Davis, to advance the study of Jainism, one of the world's most revered and ancient philosophies. ... holder of ...
UC Davis Experts on Post-Election Issues - UC Davis
February 8, 2017 - The following University of California, Davis, researchers are available to comment to media on topics in the news following the recent presidential election. From the history of the political process to oil policy to the environment, UC Davis can ...
Fungus In Medical Marijuana Eyed As Possible Cause In California Man's Death - CBS Local
February 6, 2017 - Only problem, federal law prohibited them from doing that research at UC Davis, so they joined forces with Steep Hill Laboratories in Berkeley. “We kind of go on the credo of 'do no harm,'” said Dr. Donald Land, who has been analyzing contaminated ...
Concerned about Trump, UC Davis experts spend day archiving climate change research - Sacramento Bee
February 3, 2017 - Hammad Zahid marched into the library room, planted his laptop computer on the table and cracked his knuckles before launching a program that would extract data from a federal website and save it to an online archive. The computer science engineer ...
University of California, Davis research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Electric Fields Weaker in Slow-Healing Diabetic Wounds – June 20, 2016
- World’s First 1,000-Processor Chip – June 18, 2016
- Science is stuck in bad patterns – Time to evolve
- Spontaneous Pressure Regulation Within Artificial Cells – December 14, 2015
- UC Davis scientists demonstrate DNA-based electromechanical switch – December 12, 2015
- Guided ultrasound plus nanoparticle chemotherapy cures tumors in mice – December 5, 2015
- Unlocking the Rice Immune System – July 26, 2015
- Hybrid “super mosquito” resistant to insecticide-treated bed nets – January 13, 2014
- Manipulating memory with light: Scientists erase specific memories in mice- October 10, 2014
- Introducing the multi-tasking nanoparticle – August 28, 2014
- Huge world-first man-made tidal lagoon could power over 155,000 homes – August 22, 2014
- UC Davis team “spikes” stem cells to generate myelin
- California Cuts Carbon in Bid to Spur Clean Technology Boom
- New study offers hope for halting incurable citrus disease
- Resistance gene found against Ug99 wheat stem rust pathogen
- Remote-controlled helicopter tested for use in vineyards
- Stem Cell Therapy For Dogs Unleashing Hope, Angst
- Non-wetting fabric drains sweat
- Goats’ milk with antimicrobial lysozyme speeds recovery from diarrhea
- Mushroom-Supplemented Soybean Extract Shows Therapeutic Promise for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Engineered bacteria make fuel from sunlight
- UCSB scientists examine effects of manufactured nanoparticles on soybean crops
- Electronic Nose Knows When Your Cantaloupe Is Ripe
- Scientists transform iPhones into medical imaging devices
- It’s a microscope for the iPhone
- Going 100% Green: Pie in the Sky or Down to Earth
- Oil Will Run Dry 90 Years Before Substitutes Roll Out, Study Predicts
- Researchers create nano-architectured aluminum alloy with strength of steel
- Climate ‘Tipping Points’ May Arrive Without Warning, Says Top Forecaster
- Why Toyota and GM Are Pushing Fuel-Cell Cars to Market
- Drawing closer to Alzheimer’s magic bullet?
- Major breakthrough in deciphering bread wheat’s genetic code
- New study says world can be completely powered by clean energy in 20-40 years