The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is a center of health sciences research, patient care, and education; located in San Francisco, California.
University of California, San Francisco research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Transplantation of healthy new brain cells reverses learning and memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease model – July 18, 2014
- Take a pill and boost your IQ? | KL-VS – May 8, 2014
- Animal Cells Can Communicate by Reaching Out and Touching, UCSF Team Discovers
- UC San Francisco hospital integrating robotic pharmacy
- A New Wrinkle in Parkinson’s Disease Research
- New Approach to Treating Venomous Snakebites Could Reduce Global Fatalities
- Epilepsy Cured in Mice Using Brain Cells
- Laser Light Zaps Away Cocaine Addiction
- United Nations Panel Calls Hormone Disruptors a “Global Threat”
- Redefining Medicine With Apps and iPads
- Hope on the Horizon for Asthma Sufferers
- Virtual Colonoscopy Without Laxative Equals Standard OC in Identifying Clinically Significant Polyps
- Computer Model Successfully Predicts Drug Side Effects
- For Advanced Prostate Cancer, New Drug Slows Disease
- White House Petitioned to Make Research Free to Access
- Research Unveils Drug Against Entamoeba Hisotolica
- Can Computers Catch You Telling a Lie?
- Building Bone from Cartilage
- New ‘Biopsy in a Blood Test’ to Detect Cancer
- Researchers unveil prototype implantable artificial kidney to replace dialysis
- Disappearance of Coral Reefs, Drastically Altered Marine Food Web on the Horizon
- New Breakthrough Prize Awards Millions to Life Scientists
- Fitting ‘smart’ mobile phone with magnifying optics creates ‘real’ cell phone
- VIDEO: How To Get A College Degree For Free
- Sharks tracked by surfing robot and free app
- Let the games begin
- Scientists Decode Brain Waves to Eavesdrop On What We Hear
- Scientist Converts Human Skin Cells Into Functional Brain Cells
- Citizen Scientists and Social Media Aim to Help Prevent Frog Extinctions
- Getting Computers to Understand Overlapping Speech
- Ant Harm: Can Genetic Weapons Roll Back the Expansion of Argentine Ant Supercolonies?
- Forging a Hot Link to the Farmer Who Grows the Food
- The Idea Incubator Goes to Campus
- Climate Wizard Makes Large Databases of Climate Information Visual, Accessible
- The Long Shot
UCSF is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading universities in health sciences. Though one of the 10 campuses of the University of California, it is unique for being the only University of California campus dedicated solely to graduate education, and in health and biomedical sciences. Some of UCSF’s treatment centers include kidney transplants and liver transplantation, radiology, neurosurgery, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, gene therapy, women’s health, fetal surgery, pediatrics, and internal medicine.
Founded in 1873, the mission of UCSF is to serve as a “public university dedicated to saving lives and improving health.” The UCSF Medical Center is consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, who also ranked UCSF’s medical school as one of the top 10 in a number of specialties, including a specialty program in AIDS medical care ranked first in the country.