The University of Queensland (UQ) is a public university located in the state of Queensland, Australia. Founded in 1909, it is the oldest and largest university in Queensland and the fifth oldest in Australia.
The main campus is located in the suburb of St Lucia, southwest of the Brisbane City Central Business District, with other major campuses in Gatton, Ipswich and Herston with a number of other satellite facilities. The University of Queensland is a member of the Australia’s Group of Eight, and the international research-intensive universities network Universitas 21.
UQ is colloquially known as a “sandstone university” and is ranked among the top universities in Australia and is named one of the world’s top universities in three key rankings – the QS World University Rankings, the Academic Ranking of World Universities and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
University of Queensland research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Breakthrough arthritis treatment developed by University of Queensland researchers – June 4, 2015
- To Save An Entire Species, All You Need Is $1.3 Million – March 17, 2015
- Unlocking the gates to quantum computing with a quantum Fredkin gate – March 26, 2016
- Alzheimer’s breakthrough uses ultrasound technology – March 12, 2015
- Are there enough fish to go around? – October 15, 2014
- Nature’s elegant and efficient vision systems can detect cancer – October 3, 2014
- Arthritis drug breakthrough
- Surprising diversity in aging revealed in nature
- New research shows obesity is an inflammatory disease
- New World Map for Overcoming Climate Change
- SCRAMSPACE team awaits further information on launch
- Australia’s hypersonic scramjet arrives in Norway for launch
- ‘Street-view’ comes to the world’s coral reefs
- Global investigation reveals true scale of ocean warming
- Steerable paper planes and maple seeds the basis for life-saving, disposable UAVs
- Coral reefs suffering, but collapse not inevitable
- Bacteria breakthrough for safer food
- Diamondback Moth Host-Parasite Interaction Unraveled
- Lions in Greece, the Reforestation of the West and the Use of Satire in Environmental Conservation
- Dramatic Simplification Paves the Way for Building a Quantum Computer