The University of Surrey is a public research university located within the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England.
It received its charter on 9 September 1966, and was previously situated near Battersea Park in south-west London. The institution was known as Battersea College of Technology before gaining university status. Its roots however go back to the Battersea Polytechnic Institute, founded in 1891 to provide further and higher education for London’s poorer inhabitants.
The university conducts extensive research on small satellites and has a high number of staff who are members of learned societies. The university has recently expanded into China by launching the Surrey International Institute with Dongbei University of Finance and Economics.
The Latest Updated Research News:
University of Surrey research articles from Innovation Toronto
- World’s first 3D-printed ‘Sneezometer’ will help asthma patients breathe easy – March 6, 2016
- New research unveils graphene ‘moth eyes’ to power future smart technologies like smart wallpaper – February 29, 2016
- 5G researchers manage record connection speed – February 25, 2015
- New research lights the way to super-fast computers – November 9, 2014
- Graphene rubber bands could stretch limits of current healthcare – August 22, 2014
- Public could ‘travel’ to space for £40 through new project | Virtual Ride to Space
- New Research Could Help Make Roll-up Digital Screens a Reality for All
- An electric motor that does not need expensive rare-earth magnets
- Games console technology to make space building blocks
- Solar power from space – innovation