Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, popularly known as Virginia Tech (VT), is a public land-grant, space-grant, and sea-grant university with the main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, with other research and educational centers throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, the National Capital Region, and international locations in Switzerland and the Dominican Republic.
Founded in 1872 as an agricultural and mechanical land-grant college, Virginia Tech is a research university with the largest full-time student population in Virginia and one of the few public universities in the United States that maintains a corps of cadets. The university is one among a small group of polytechnic universities in the United States which tend to be primarily devoted to the instruction of technical arts and applied sciences.
The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
The Latest Updated Research News:
Virginia Tech research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Scientists develop way to upsize nanostructures into light, flexible 3-D printed materials – July 18, 2016
- Scientists discover way to potentially track and stop human and agricultural viruses – February 19, 2016
- Can CRISPR help edit out female mosquitos? – February 18, 2016
- Frost-controlling chemical pattern creating frost-free zones could lead to serious energy-saving applications – January 24, 2016
- 3D-Printed Guide Helps Regrow Complex Nerves After Injury – September 19, 2015
- Research Could Lead to Protective Probiotics for Frogs – July 31, 2015
- New discovery may be breakthrough for hydrogen cars – April 7, 2015
- If Robots Drove, How Much Safer Would Roads Be? – June 11, 2014
- New proactive approach unveiled to detect malicious software in networked computers and data – June 8, 2014
- Plastics to dust — a dream about to come true – May 14, 2014
- US Navy tests robotic fire-fighters
- A battery that runs on sugar, is cheap, has an unmatched energy density AND is environmentally friendly
- Breakthrough in hydrogen fuel production by Virginia Tech researchers could revolutionize alternative energy market
- As Smart Electric Grid Evolves, Virginia Tech Engineers Show How to Include Solar Technologies
- Drug patch treatment sees new breakthrough
- Wireless “Smart Skin” Sensors Could Provide Remote Monitoring of Infrastructure
- Research team creates potential food source from non-food plants
- 3 Ways UAVs Could Transform America’s Food System
- Researchers Unveil Large Robotic Jellyfish That One Day Could Patrol Oceans
- New communication systems would allow vehicles to ‘talk’ with roadways
- Shared Transportation System Would Increase Profits, Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Can Nature Parks Save Biodiversity?
- Machine Counterpart: Nature’s New Creatures
- Ocean-powered robotic jellyfish could theoretically run forever
- SAFFiR robot could be putting out fires on Navy ships
- Modified Android system keeps smartphone data from leaving specified physical locations
- Joseph DeSimone, The Inventor Of Clean Teflon, On Invention In The 21st Century
- AnatOnMe projects patients’ insides onto their outsides
- Heating Nanoparticles to Kill Tumor Cells
- Could Battery Advances Mean a Better Robot?