VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland is the largest multidisciplinary research organisation in Northern Europe.
It provides high-end technology solutions and innovation services. VTT is a non-profit research organisation.
VTT Group is a government agency, and has four subsidiary corporations: VTT Expert Services Oy, VTT Ventures Oy, VTT International Oy and VTT Memsfab Oy. 69% of funding is external (private), 31% is from the government and 18% international.
VTT has 2,834 employees, of which 81% have a university degree and 26% a postgraduate degree. There are 1,510 customers, of which 865 are domestic companies, 385 foreign companies and 220 public bodies. VTT has a patent portfolio of over 1,200 patents and 605 peer-reviewed scientific articles.
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland research articles from Innovation Toronto
- Robot programming innovation automates short production runs and single item products – January 12, 2016
- Next-generation fuel cells are ready for low-emission electricity production – November 26, 2015
- Breakthrough manufacturing process could lead to air-conditioned clothes – November 5, 2015
- Communicating with robots to build things for human missions to Mars – November 5, 2015
- Sensor detects spoilage of food – May 10, 2015
- Decorative and flexible solar panels become part of interior design and the appearance of objects – January 25, 2015
- Molecular self-assembly scales up from nanometers to millimeters
- Urgent need to recycle rare metals
- Images and video move by touch from one smartphone to another tablet
- Pocket Microscope With Accessory for Ordinary Smart Phone
- One-Third of Car Fuel Consumption Is Due to Friction Loss
- New CCTV Technology to Help Prevent Terror Attacks